Want to your to have strong study habits at his or her disposal from a young age? Our Study Skills programs in Los Angeles empower students to reach their full potential when faced with the challenges of a growing workload, from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Extra Support for Studying Smart
Combining practice, instruction and frequent opportunities to practice new skills, we know how to ensure good study habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child has unique needs, which means the process of instilling useful, life-long study skills, and reinforcing positive behaviors and attitudes when it comes to studying won’t be one size fits all. Our Personalized Tutoring programs are designed to take that into account. Special attention will be paid to the following skill sets:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Teaching your teen digital literacy, smart study habits, goal setting, time management and research and writing skills that he or she will put to good use well into adulthood is what our expert tutors are trained for. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build on and sharpen required skills: Whether you want us to focus on note taking, presentation skills or time management, we'll make sure to target the areas your teen needs extra help.
- Improve confidence for meeting challenges head on: We make sure to foster positive attitudes towards studying so your child feels capable of meeting big expectations.
- Develop competencies that will be essential moving forward: Sylvan can help with the development of important skills like job interview prep, presenting and goal setting.