As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Glendora, your child will spend time learning effective time management and test prep strategies and better prepare for the challenges that lie ahead. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Glendora? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful college application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.