As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Encinitas, your child will spend time learning effective time management and test prep strategies and better prepare for the challenges that lie ahead. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Encinitas? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- How to set short-term and long-term goals strategically, and effectively manage time and workloads.
- How to organize schoolwork and create an effective personal study area.
- How to set personal and teacher expectations, and use an academic planner.
- How to navigate college admissions requirements, including the admission essay.
- How to write a resume and cover letter, and prepare for a job interview.