As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in El Cerrito make teaching solid time management and test prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in El Cerrito? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our program covers the following:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.