As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With our study skills program in El Cerrito, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even college applications. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in El Cerrito? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process.