Do you want your child to start building smart study habits now? Our Study Skills programs in Corona can help educate your son or daughter on how to manage increasing workloads from elementary, high school and college to the workforce. Providing effective study tips is what our tutors do best, so if your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead in class, we’re here to make sure they achieve their goals.
Tips for Studying Smart
When kids and teens face growing demands kids at school, it's critical to have well-developed study habits. We ensure that good habits become second nature by combining personal instruction with independent practice—and plentiful opportunities to put developing skills to the test!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Because every child has individual needs, there's no one-size-fits-all method to instill life-long study skills and facilitate positive academic behaviors and attitudes. But our Personalized Tutoring program is broad, detailed, and customizable. All of the following areas are covered:
- Active reading: Nurturing strong comprehension skills will be helpful across all subjects.
- Time management: Efficient study skills rely on the ability organize and prioritize work.
- Note taking strategies: Utilizing tools such as flash cards and color coding can make studying more efficient.
- Research: How to evaluate sources, find relevant information and write a bibliography.
- Understanding the writing process: Through practice, your child will become a more engaging writer.
- Online safety: Finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors can help your teen gain academic skills that are useful well into adulthood, including goal setting, time management, study habits, research techniques and more. We empower ambitious teen to sharpen their approach as they work towards their academic potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Focus on the most relevant areas: You choose the skill areas — such as time management or presentation skills — so we can focus on them and make the biggest difference.
- Apply new skills in the real world: We give students lots of opportunities to apply their new knowledge and techniques to actual schoolwork. This encourages the development of lifelong habits.
- Be more confident when tackling new challenges: We foster positive behaviors so your teen can feel good about overcoming big academic challenges.
- Develop future-ready skills: We help teens achieve more in the here and now, but also prepare them to succeed long-term. That can include public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.