As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Chula Vista and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for tests effectively and even start laying the groundwork for conquering future challenges ahead. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list.
A Customized, Personal Approach
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Chula Vista? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!