Want your child to get a head start on important study habits? The goal of our Study Skills programs in Chino is to provide your son or daughter with the tools that will help them tackle growing workloads starting in elementary school all the way to college and beyond. Providing effective study tips is what our tutors do best, so if your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead in class, we’re here to make sure they achieve their goals.
How to Study Smarter
Combining practice, instruction and frequent opportunities to practice new skills, we know how to ensure good study habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
We know that every child has unique needs, which means there's no "one size fits all" way to instill practical study skills and reinforce positive behaviors. But our Personalized Tutoring program is broad, detailed, and customizable. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits to digital literacy, goal setting, communication and research skills, our expert tutors help teens develop academic tools and techniques that are invaluable well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.