As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Brentwood, your child will spend time learning effective time management and test prep strategies and better prepare for the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Brentwood, what can you expect next? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program includes:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.