With Sylvan’s study skills program in California, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. You'll see a noticeable confidence boost as your child gets to grips with life-long tools and techniques that can be used at school at beyond! So don't delay: contact your local Sylvan in California now to make sure your child is equipped for success.
Laying the Groundwork for Future Success
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when college applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.▼
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
A solid foundation leads to success. With our study skills program in California, students can develop important skills and strategies that are relevant in the classroom immediately, and can also be applied in college and career settings later on. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Here's What Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.