Our reading tutors in Visalia know how to help your child improve his or her reading abilities, leading to more confidence and better results in the classroom and beyond. Whether it's help to keep from falling behind, a little extra practice to stay on track or the support to master advanced topics and get ahead, our tutors can help.
Tailored Learning for Great Results
We know that reading tutoring is not a one-size-fits-all type of thing, so we provide several different approaches according to your child's unique needs. Once we’ve pinpointed your child’s current reading level, we can then recommend the ideal path to make sure her or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is falling behind with his or her reading scores and needs extra support to get his or her skills up to grade level, this program is right for you. Here's what makes our Personalized Tutoring different:
- More progress in the classroom and at homework time. We guarantee it!
- Focused learning. Through our detailed reading assessment, we can accurately identify what your child needs to improve comprehension, fluency and reading competence.
- Greater confidence. At Sylvan, we believe reading should be challenging and fun, but never frustrating. That's why our certified tutors will adjust your child's personalized learning plan so he or she is progressing effectively.
- Affordable rates. With hourly rates that are competitive with private tutors and other tutoring companies, we make it easy to get the reading help your child needs while staying on budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is designed for children who need extra support with reading homework and tests and to stay on course for good results in the classroom. With Academic Coaching, you get:
- Hands-on tutoring that focuses on strengthening and sharpening reading comprehension skills to stay on top of homework and boost results in the classroom.
- In-depth learning sessions that include homework help, skill practice and test prep tips, all wit the goal of meeting your child's specific needs.
- A modern curriculum that aligns with local schools for greater performance in class.
- Affordable monthly packages that meet your child's needs — and your family's budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or needs guidance to handle a bigger workload, you can help your teen adapt to accelerated coursework and prepare for college-level classes with our Advanced Reading Skills course. Here’s what this program offers:
- Greater confidence (and a lot less stress) when it comes to tackling large workloads.
- Efficiency at completing challenging reading assignments.
- Better time management for managing homework tasks and preparing for tests with significant reading components, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Higher scores on classwork, tests and on college entrance exams, as well as good preparation for college workloads and expectations.
- Affordable hourly rates.
Don't Miss Out on Our Limited-Time Offer
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. By pinpointing your child's unique strengths and needs, the Sylvan Insight™ Assessment identifies the areas our expert tutors will focus on for success. Contact us today and we can discuss your needs and how we can meet them.