When it comes to reading ability, the right reading tutor in San Luis Obispo can make all the difference to your child's confidence and achievements in school — and beyond. Whether you're worried your young reader is falling behind, needs focused extra practice to stay on track or support to really get ahead, we know how to bring out the joy of reading and help children fulfill their potential.
Tailored Learning for Great Results
We offer a variety of approaches to reading tutoring in order to address the unique needs of each student. Once we pinpoint your child’s current level, we can identify the most appropriate path to take to ensure he or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child can't keep up with reading scores and needs support to reach his or her grade level, this program is the perfect fit. With Personalized Tutoring from Sylvan, you can expect:
- Success at school and during homework time. Measurable progress is guaranteed!
- The exact support needed. Using a detailed reading assessment, we get to know which skills need attention in order to improve reading fluency, comprehension and competence.
- No more frustration. We design personalized learning plans and continually adjust them to ensure that reading is challenging and fun.
- Competitive rates. Getting the best reading support is affordable! Our hourly rates compare with private tutors and other tutoring companies.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is designed for children who need extra support with reading homework and tests and to stay on course for good results in the classroom. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive support to strengthen reading comprehension skills and get ahead of the curve at school.
- Practical lessons that include skill practice, test prep techniques and homework help, all of which are personalized to fit your child's particular needs and goals.
- A school-aligned curriculum to maximize relevance (and impact!) in class performance.
- Competitively priced monthly packages to help you get the best reading tutoring while balancing your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or wants to do a better job with advanced course loads, your teen can excel at accelerated coursework and lay the groundwork for successful college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. Here's what you can expect with this program:
- More confidence (and less stress) for tackling big workloads
- Efficiency at completing reading assignments in advanced courses
- Better time management for completing homework and studying for tests that have a significant reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Higher scores on homework, tests, and on college entrance exams
- Preparation for college workloads and high expectations
- Competitive hourly rates
Sign Up Now to Enjoy an Academic Checkup!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. By scheduling an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we can take evaluate your child's academic skills in comparison with nationwide norms — and use our findings to identify which areas need to be improved. Get one today at a Sylvan near you!