A reading tutor in Pleasanton could be exactly what your child needs to boost his or her reading skills, confidence and results in the classroom! Whether your child has started to fall behind, is in need of extra practice to keep up in class or is interested in getting ahead, you can count on our tutors for the tailored learning he or she needs succeed.
Tutoring Programs Tailored to Your Child's Needs
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to reading tutoring, which is why Sylvan will match your child with the approach that meets his or her specific needs. Once we pinpoint your child’s current level, we can identify the most appropriate path to take to ensure he or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child needs support to bring his or her reading scores up to grade level, this could be the ideal program to see a real improvement. Here’s what our Personalized Tutoring offers:
- Personalized support throughout. We start with a personalized learning plan, and we continually update that plan to make sure reading is a fun challenge for your child rather than a source of stress and frustration.
- Targeted learning. Using a detailed reading assessment, we have the insight to know what your child needs to improve reading comprehension and fluency.
- Budget-friendly rates. Our hourly rates are similar to those offered by private tutors and other tutoring companies, helping to keep the best reading help within your family's budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
Choose this program if your child needs just a little extra support to stay on track with reading-related schoolwork. With Academic Coaching, you get:
- Practical tutoring to develop and hone reading comprehension skills, stay up-to-date with homework and boost results in class.
- Learning sessions that feature skill practice, homework help and test prep tips, all focused on meeting your child's unique needs.
- An up-to-date curriculum that aligns with your school to make a greater impact in the classroom.
- Competitively priced monthly packages that work with your family's needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or wants to do a better job with advanced course loads, your teen can excel at accelerated coursework and lay the groundwork for successful college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. Here are the benefits this program provides:
- Improved confidence (and less stress!) when planning much larger academic workloads.
- Efficient techniques for completing complex reading assignments.
- Time management methods for homework and tests with reading components, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Higher scores on college entrance exams and preparation for challenging college workloads and rising expectations.
- Affordable hourly rates.
Get Started Now!
The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment helps determine your child’s learning requirements so that our expert tutors can focus on strengthening those specific areas for greater success. Get in touch with us today and we can go over your needs and discuss how we can help.