When you get the right reading tutor in Napa in your corner, you can expect your child’s reading skills to improve, leading to better grades and bigger smiles. Whether your child is falling behind, needs extra practice to stay on track or wants to get ahead of the pack, our tutors can provide the targeted support he or she needs to succeed.
Learning That's Personalized
We offer a variety of approaches to reading tutoring in order to address the unique needs of each student. We'll evaluate your child’s current level and recommend the right path for the most effective learning experience — and the most improved scores.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child needs support to bring his or her reading scores up to grade level, this could be the ideal program to see a real improvement. Here’s what our Personalized Tutoring offers:
- In-depth assessments. We know how to pinpoint exactly what your child needs to boost his or her reading fluency and comprehension.
- A truly personalized experience. Our certified reading tutors create a personalized learning plan, and then continually adjust and update the plan to make sure reading is a challenge rather than a source of stress.
- Affordable rates. Our competitive hourly rates compare with those at other tutoring companies and private tutors.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is geared towards kids who could use a little extra support with reading homework and tests in order to stay on track in school. With Academic Coaching, you get:
- Proactive tutoring to develop and strengthen reading comprehension skills, keep up with assignments and achieve greater results in class.
- Hands-on learning sessions that feature skill practice, help with homework and tips for preparing for tests, all with the goal of meeting your child's unique needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum for greater success in the classroom.
- Monthly packages at great prices, so you can get the program that works with your family's budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is either on the fast track or needs some extra guidance to manage bigger workloads, you can give your teen the support he or she needs to adapt to accelerated coursework and excel at college-level classes with our Advanced Reading Skills course. Highlights of this program include:
- Improved confidence (and less stress!) when planning much larger academic workloads.
- Efficient techniques for completing complex reading assignments.
- Time management methods for homework and tests with reading components, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Higher scores on college entrance exams and preparation for challenging college workloads and rising expectations.
- Affordable hourly rates.
Get Started Today with an Academic Checkup!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With a Sylvan Academic Checkup, we can take stock of your child's academic skills compared to national norms — and use the results to pick out specific areas for extra attention. Get one today at a Sylvan near you!