Enlisting an expert reading tutor in Irvine can make a huge difference when it comes to boosting your child’s reading ability and helping him or her achieve more confidence and greater results in school and beyond. Whether your child is starting to fall behind, needs some extra practice to reinforce learning or simply wants to get ahead, our talented tutors will provide the practical support he or she needs.
We Personalize Our Tutoring Programs
At Sylvan, we take a number of approaches to reading tutoring, which means we can match your child with the approach that best meets his or her needs. After identifying your child’s current level, we can recommend that most suitable path to make sure he or she is progressing and achieving results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child has reading scores below his or her grade level, this program provides the hands-on support he or she needs. Here’s what sets our Personalized Tutoring apart:
- Success at school and during homework time. Measurable progress is guaranteed!
- The exact support needed. Using a detailed reading assessment, we get to know which skills need attention in order to improve reading fluency, comprehension and competence.
- No more frustration. We design personalized learning plans and continually adjust them to ensure that reading is challenging and fun.
- Competitive rates. Getting the best reading support is affordable! Our hourly rates compare with private tutors and other tutoring companies.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
Choose this program if your child needs just a little extra support to stay on track with reading-related schoolwork. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to build on and sharpen reading comprehension skills, keep up with homework and get ahead in class
- Learning sessions that include skill practice, homework help, and test prep tips, all designed to meet your child’s needs
- A school-aligned curriculum that makes a big impact in class performance
- Affordable monthly packages that satisfy your needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or wants to do a better job with advanced course loads, your teen can excel at accelerated coursework and lay the groundwork for successful college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. This program offers:
- Improved confidence (and less stress!) when planning much larger academic workloads.
- Efficient techniques for completing complex reading assignments.
- Time management methods for homework and tests with reading components, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Higher scores on college entrance exams and preparation for challenging college workloads and rising expectations.
- Affordable hourly rates.
Act Now to Enjoy Our Limited-Time Offer
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. When you arrange an Academic Checkup, you can find out how your child compares to national norms — and see which aspects need extra attention in order to maximize those all-important grades. Enjoy better results and bigger smiles: start now for just $95*!