If you're on the lookout for a math tutor in Northridge, California, you've come to the right place. Whether your child is starting to fall behind in class, could use a little added practice or is looking to get ahead in geometry, algebra or advanced math, our tutors are here to help.
The Right Math Program Your Child Needs
From additional practice to one-on-one support and advanced enrichment, Sylvan has a range of math programs that meet the needs of children at many different levels. We help budding mathematicians understand the fundamentals and master geometry, algebra and other tricky topics.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
For children who are falling behind in math and struggling to grasp new concepts, intensive tutoring could be exactly what they need to improve scores and build confidence. We understand how to make math more relevant and relatable to real life situations, helping your child strengthen his or her understanding and achieve bigger success in and outside of school. Here’s what our Personalized Tutoring program includes:
- A targeted approach: With our proven Sylvan MethodTM approach, we'll make sure to tailor a learning plan that takes into consideration how your child works best.
- Top-of-the-line guidance and support: Our Sylvan-certified tutors are trained to provide the best support every step of the way. We're constantly adjusting your child's learning plan to take the frustration out of math class.
- Bigger, better results: We guarantee you child will see results, just like the rest of our tutoring students who typically see up to three times more growth in their math scores compared to their peers.
- School-aligned curriculum: By designing our math curriculum with the local school standards in mind, our tutors are able to make lessons even more relevant to the classroom.
- Competitive rates: With hourly rates that are comparable to other tutors, you can get the best math help AND stay on budget!
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child requires extra support for homework assignments, could benefit from a little more practice or just needs an extra challenge to stay engaged, our NEW Academic Coaching program might be the perfect solution. Here’s what our new monthly subscription program includes:
- Proactive tutoring to make sharpening skills and test scores, and building confidence a priority.
- Targeted learning that focus on the subjects and skills your child needs to work on.
- School-aligned curriculum that makes the connection between tutoring lessons and class work.
- Interactive activities that promote hands-on learning and help new concepts really click.
- Skilled tutors who are experts at modern techniques used to teach math in schools.
- Flexible scheduling options so you can choose evening, afternoon or weekend sessions that work for you.
- Packages you can afford.
Advanced Math and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
We can help elementary, middle school or high school students who are on the math fast track tackle tricky math concepts, master new skills and achieve even more success with confidence. With our Advancement and Test Prep programs, your child will:
- Promote strong math skills that contribute to success from computation to process, reasoning and problem solving.
- Become better prepared and feel more confident at school.
- Build a strong math foundation with accelerated learning that emphasizes hands-on practice.
- ...and we also have competitive hourly rates!
Start Today with Our Special Offer
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. By pinpointing your child's unique strengths and needs, the Sylvan Insight™ Assessment identifies the areas our expert tutors will focus on for success.