Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Sacramento region. Tailored to students in grades 4-12, our study skills program aims to equip your child with important "higher order" thinking skills and strategies like academic planning, time management and resume preparation. These skills can make a lasting impact in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Sacramento region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
Our Unique Approach
You might be used to helping your child with a math problem or English essay, but teaching effective study skills and habits is not so easy. Using a variety of study tips, tactics and strategies, our tutors in the Sacramento region focus on practical skills that can be used in school and beyond: how to be more organized, how to plan projects, how to achieve goals, and more.▼
What We Offer
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That's why our study skills experts in the Sacramento region keep the big picture in mind. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.