It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. Fortunately, our study skills program in the Sacramento region is here to help your teen or pre-teen take on his or her busy schedule with confidence. Aimed at students in grades 4-12, our study skills program revolves around “higher order” thinking skills and strategies including academic planning, organization, active listening and resume preparation. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and college, but also in future careers. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Sacramento region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
Practical Learning for Real Results
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Sacramento region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
The Right Preparation for the Best Results
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Sacramento region focus on the larger picture. We've designed our program to ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for the growing workloads and expectations ahead. That includes teaching proven goal-setting strategies and study tips that can be used time and again. In addition to these life-long skills, we also continually reinforce positive attitudes, building your teen's confidence at a crucial point in his or her journey to adulthood.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.