Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Sacramento region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. These skills can make a lasting impact in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Sacramento region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
A Comprehensive Education
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Sacramento region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Sacramento region consider the bigger picture. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management to efficiently manage time and workloads.
- Strategic planning and academic planning to set both short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- How to effectively organize schoolwork and a personal study area, set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Navigating college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- How to interview for a job and write an effective resume and cover letter.