Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Fort Smith region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Fort Smith region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
A Comprehensive Education
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Fort Smith region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Fort Smith region focus on the larger picture. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.