Looking for a writing tutor in Surprise? From making sure your child doesn’t fall behind to providing all the extra help and opportunities to get ahead that he or she needs, our tutors will make sure your son or daughter develops the writing skills essential for success.
We Focus on Each Student's Exact Needs
From the fundamentals of grammar and sentence structure to tips for writing a strong college application essay, our writing tutors know exactly how to keep your son or daughter engaged in the writing process — and even make writing fun!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If grade-level writing tasks are proving to be too challenging for your child, our Personalized Tutoring will focus on the most important skills in order to raise scores — and confidence — when it comes to writing assignments and homework. You can expect the following from our program:
- More proficient writing skills: Our goal is to make sure your child learns the mechanics of the writing process from composition to revisions.
- Bigger, better results in the classroom: We designed our writing program to match up with college and career readiness standards so skills learned are useful for present and future success.
- Rates you can afford: Our competitive hourly rates align with other tutoring companies and private tutors in the area.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a great fit if your child needs extra practice or boost to improve skills for writing-related homework or tests. This is what our Academic Coaching offers:
- Proactive tutoring support to build on skills, keep up with homework and stay ahead in class.
- Tutoring sessions tailored to your child’s needs — from skill practice, to homework help, to guidance preparing for tests.
- Expert tutors who use the latest teaching methods to get concepts to stick
- Affordable monthly packages to keep it simple.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (K-12)
For the student on the academic fast track, strong writing skills are a must. This program focuses on research-based writing skills needed for assignments and tests with heavy writing components — as well as college admissions essays. Here's what young learners can expect with our program:
- A confidence boost for excelling at writing-based challenges in the future.
- The advanced composition techniques and research skills needed to excel.
- Added guidance on crafting a college admissions essay that makes an impression.
- Build on developing skills with more practice in research-intensive writing assignments.
- Comparable hourly rates.
Start Now with Our Academic Checkup
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With a detailed Academic Checkup, we can assess your child's academic skills in relation to national norms — and use the results to pinpoint specific skills and knowledge that need extra attention. Request one today at a Sylvan in your area!