As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Mesa and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great college application. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
Our Personal Learning Experience
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Mesa and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!