Do you want your child to start building smart study habits now? Our Study Skills programs in Glendale empower students to reach their full potential when faced with the challenges of a growing workload, from elementary school to college and beyond. Our tutors are here to provide assistance with study tips whether your child is slipping behind or looking for strategies to get ahead, so he or she is sure to progress.
How to Study Smarter
At Sylvan, instruction is supplemented with lots of opportunity for hands-on practice to test out new skills and ensure good study habits are being formed!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Each and every child has unique learning needs, which means there are multiple ways to instill practical academic behaviors and effective, life-long study skills. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring programs can help. All of the following areas are covered:
- Active reading: Nurturing strong comprehension skills will be helpful across all subjects.
- Time management: Efficient study skills rely on the ability organize and prioritize work.
- Note taking strategies: Utilizing tools such as flash cards and color coding can make studying more efficient.
- Research: How to evaluate sources, find relevant information and write a bibliography.
- Understanding the writing process: Through practice, your child will become a more engaging writer.
- Online safety: Finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors are dedicated to teaching your teen strong study habits, digital literacy, goal setting, time management an and research and writing skills — all of which will be with him or her well into college and beyond. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build on and sharpen required skills: Whether you want us to focus on note taking, presentation skills or time management, we'll make sure to target the areas your teen needs extra help.
- Improve confidence for meeting challenges head on: We make sure to foster positive attitudes towards studying so your child feels capable of meeting big expectations.
- Develop competencies that will be essential moving forward: Sylvan can help with the development of important skills like job interview prep, presenting and goal setting.