Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Chandler and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great college application. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Chandler? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our program covers the following:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.