Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Phoenix region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Phoenix region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Phoenix region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. That's why our study skills experts in the Phoenix region keep the big picture in mind. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. That means teaching both short-term and long-term goal-setting techniques as well as study strategies that can be relied on time and again.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling college admissions requirements, including the college essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.