Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! That’s where Sylvan’s study skills program in the Phoenix region can make a huge difference: we can help your pre-teen or teen effectively prepare for this exciting yet demanding phase in his or her life. Aimed at students in grades 4-12, our study skills program revolves around “higher order” thinking skills and strategies including academic planning, organization, active listening and resume preparation. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Phoenix region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
Our Proven Approach
While you may have experience helping your child with a spelling question or math problem, teaching him or her effective study skills and strategies is not always as straightforward. Using a combination of study strategies, tactics and tips, our tutoring experts in the Phoenix region pay special attention to concrete skills that can be used in the classroom and beyond: how to organize schoolwork, efficiently manage time, set short-term and long-term goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Getting a passing grade on a test or exam is one thing, but academic achievement is much more than numbers alone. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Phoenix region focus on the larger picture. We've designed our program to ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for the growing workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.