Building strong study habits is always a smart idea! With our Study Skills programs in the Phoenix region, your son or daughter has the opportunity to develop skills that will serve them well throughout their education. We can provide strategies and support for tackling increasing workloads and easing transitions from elementary school to high school or college. Whether the aim is to prevent your child from falling behind or give them extra support to get ahead, our proven study tips and techniques will make a big difference.
Smart and Effective Study Strategies
Combining both instruction and independent learning, we help ensure smart study skills become deep-rooted habits. After all, kids and teens need these habits in school — and long after they graduate!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Each child is different. This is why we never take a one-size-fits-all approach to learning, especially when certain behaviors and attitudes can have a big impact on every subject. Fortunately, our Personalized Tutoring program accounts for every young learner's specific needs. Here are a few of the skill sets we teach:
- Techniques for active reading: Strengthened comprehension skills means better understanding in all classes.
- Key writing competencies: We can help students communicate more clearly through writing.
- Smart note-taking strategies: We can help make study time as productive as possible through practical techniques like flash cards and color-coding.
- Time management: As with any challenging workload, it can be overwhelming knowing where to start. We’ll help your child learn how to effectively organize and prioritize homework.
- Research skills: We take a look at specific subjects and explore the ideal ways to evaluate sources and prepare bibliographies.
- Cyber safety: We can help your budding learner find, evaluate and share digital information in a safe and responsible manner.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From setting goals to developing more effective studying and research habits, we empower teens to hone skills they can carry with them well into their adult years. We provide the motivation and inspiration your child needs to go after goals and reach his or her full potential. Our Advancement & Test Prep program helps your teen:
- Sharpen the right skills: This is a modular program. You get to decide which areas we focus on, ensuring we attend to your teen's most important needs.
- Develop lifelong skills: Our students enjoy plenty of opportunities to apply their new strategies. This reinforces concepts and turns good habits into lifelong assets.
- Feel more confident: We know how to foster positive behaviors, resulting in confident teens that prepare, persevere and meet big expectations.
- Get a head start on adult responsibilities: These skills don't stop at college. At Sylvan, your son or daughter can work on advanced techniques in goal setting, job interview preparation and even public speaking!