With Sylvan’s study skills program in Alaska, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. You'll see a noticeable difference in your son or daughter's confidence as he or she gains tools and techniques that can be used in school and beyond! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in Alaska today to get started.
A Bright Future Starts With a Smart Approach
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Success begins with a strong foundation. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in Alaska is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at college and in career settings. Sylvan always has the bigger picture in mind, so we instill life-long knowledge your son or daughter can use to thrive personally and academically. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Your Child in Grade 4-12 Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for college and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.