Finding a reading tutor in the Mobile - Pensacola region you can rely on can make a big difference when it comes to helping your child improve his or her reading skills, build confidence and getting real results inside and outside the classroom. If you’ve noticed your son or daughter is beginning to fall behind, needs extra practice to keep up or is interested in getting ahead of the pack, our tutors can help with a targeted approach that gets results.
Targeted Learning to Get Results
At Sylvan, we offer a selection of reading tutoring approaches to make sure your child is receiving the guidance he or she needs to succeed. After pinpointing your child’s current reading level, we’ll suggest the ideal program for his or her unique needs.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is having a hard time keeping up with reading level expectations and needs assistance catching up and developing confidence, this program is a great fit. Our intensive reading tutoring is meant to guide your son or daughter towards building and mastering the required grade-level skills. With our Personalized Tutoring, you can expect:
- Progress guaranteed! Your child will succeed both in the classroom and during homework time.
- The personalized support your child needs. After a thorough reading assessment, we’ll be able to pinpoint exactly what your child needs to improve fluency and comprehension.
- A confidence boost and lots of support. Our certified reading tutors will periodically tweak your child’s personalized learning plan to make sure lessons are kept challenging but never frustrating.
- The skills for success. Matching our curriculum with the local schools ensures your child will always be learning skills he or she can apply in the classroom.
- Budget-friendly rates. You can be sure your family is getting the best reading help with our prices, comparable to other tutoring companies and local private tutors.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is ideal for kids who could use extra support tackling reading-related homework and tests in addition to keeping up in class. Here’s what you can expect with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to make sure your child’s reading comprehension skills are progressing to meet homework and in-class requirements.
- Learning sessions that tailor skill practice, test prep and homework assistance to meet your child’s needs.
- A school-approved curriculum that has an impact on in-class performance.
- Hands-on activities that are interactive and diverse to encourage an understanding of different types of materials.
- Affordable rates with budget-friendly monthly packages.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child has set ambitious goals and needs some tips for managing a heavy workload, acing assignments with a large reading component or prepping for big tests, this program can be a huge help. Help your teen keep up with advanced coursework and excel in college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. With this program, you can expect:
- The ability to tackle heavy workloads with confidence.
- The reading skills needed to efficiently complete assignments and keep up in advanced classes.
- Better time management for completing homework assignments and studying for tests like the ACT and SAT.
- Higher scores on tests, assignments and college entrance exams.
- Preparation for advanced college courses.
- Hourly rates you can afford.
Start Today with an Academic Checkup
The Academic Checkup is just one of the many tools we use to pinpoint your child’s strengths and needs, which allows our expert tutors to focus on the areas that require the most attention for greater success. Get one now at your nearest Sylvan!