Are you in need of a writing tutor in the Birmingham, Anniston and Tuscaloosa region? Whether you’ve noticed your son or daughter is starting to fall behind on writing assignments, would benefit from extra practice to improve skills or is looking to get ahead to start building a foundation for future success, our skilled tutors are here to help.
Focused Learning to Meet Specific Needs
Sylvan provides a number of programs designed to encourage the development of strong writing skills, so your child can get kind of support he or she needs to advance. Starting with the basics of sentence structure up to guidance writing college admissions essays, our writing tutors are here to equip your child with the skills for success — and ensure the process is fun, too!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Our Personalized Tutoring program in writing is designed to help children who are struggling to keep up with writing requirements build skills and regularly complete writing assignments with a lot less frustration. Here’s what Personalized Tutoring can provide: Here’s what Personalized Tutoring can provide:
- The confidence to be a more engaging writer. Starting with the fundamentals of the writing process including compositing, revising and editing, we make sure your child has a solid foundation.
- Noticeable results in the classroom. Our writing program is designed around the standards of college and career readiness, so the focus is on relevant skills.
- Budget-friendly rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other tutors in the area, so getting the writing help your family needs is affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is ideal if your child needs added practice to build on skills for writing-related homework assignments and tests. Here is what you can expect from Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring support that builds skills needed to keep up in class and complete homework.
- Learning sessions personalized to your child’s needs, from skill practice to homework help and tips for studying for tests.
- Interactive activities that emphasize hands-on learning.
- Expert tutors who use modern teaching methods to make sure difficult concepts make sense (so you don’t have to be the expert!).
- Budget-friendly rates with monthly packages that keep things simple.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
For the student who is motivated to achieve ambitious academic goals, strong writing skills are key. This program is designed to help your child with everything from acing advanced courses and building research-based writing skills to writing a college admissions essay that will stand out. You can expect the following with this program:
- More confidence to tackle writing-based challenges in the future.
- The composition techniques and research skills that will help your child ace advanced courses.
- Expert guidance for how to craft an engaging college essay that stands out.
- Build on developing skills with extra practice in research-based writing.
- Competitive hourly rates.
Ready to Get Started?
The Academic Checkup pinpoints your son or daughter’s exact personal strengths and needs, allowing our expert tutors to effectively focus on the right areas for success. For a limited time, you can get started for $95*! Contact us today to learn more!