Are you in the market for a writing tutor in the Birmingham, Anniston and Tuscaloosa region? Whether you’ve noticed your son or daughter is starting to fall behind on writing assignments, would benefit from extra practice to improve skills or is looking to get ahead to start building a foundation for future success, our skilled tutors are here to help.
Targeted Learning for Your Family
Sylvan offers a range of programs devoted to helping your child develop strong writing skills, so your son or daughter has access to support that will make a difference. From the basics of sentence structure to tips for writing college application essays, our writing tutors know how to provide your child with essential tools for success — and make sure he or she has a little fun in the process.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to meet writing level expectations, our Personalized Tutoring program could be a great option to help him or her improve skills and start acing writing assignments free of frustration. Here’s what Personalized Tutoring can provide: With our Personalized Tutoring program, you can look forward to:
- More proficient, engaging writing skills. Master the writing process — from composition to revision and editing — to build a solid foundation. With these skills, your child will become a better writer and better student overall.
- Results in the classroom. Our writing program was developed to contribute to college and career readiness so the attention is on practical skills.
- Affordable rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other local tutors, so making sure your family has the best writing help always fits your budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is ideal if your child needs added practice to build on skills for writing-related homework assignments and tests. You can expect the following from Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring support to work on skills and keep up with homework and in class.
- Tutoring sessions targeted to your child’s needs — from skill practice, to help with homework, to test prep guidance.
- Hands-on activities that establish a strong foundation for building on skills.
- Expert tutors who use the modern teaching methods to get new concepts to click (that means you don’t have to become an expert!)
- Affordable monthly packages to keep it simple and budget-friendly.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
For the student who is motivated to achieve ambitious academic goals, strong writing skills are key. This program is designed to help your child with everything from acing advanced courses and building research-based writing skills to writing a college admissions essay that will stand out. With this program, you can expect:
- The confidence to take on new writing challenges.
- The fundamentals of composition that will give your child a leg up in advanced courses.
- Expert guidance for writing an engaging college admissions essay that will make an impact.
- Solidify skills with plenty of research and writing practice.
- Hourly rates that suit any budget.
Get Started with Sylvan
The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a great way to pinpoint strengths and tailor lessons to target skill gaps. Give us a call or fill out or form to get in touch so we can discuss your requirements and how we can help.