Help your son or daughter tackle the demands of school — and prepare for the challenges of university — with Sylvan’s study skills program. Specially designed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program will equip your son or daughter with the critical thinking skills and study strategies he or she needs to manage increasing workloads and achieve goals. From getting to grips with organizing schoolwork and setting expectations to mastering time management, your child will develop lasting skills that can help him or her succeed both academically and personally. Make sure your child is ready to face any challenge head on: get in touch with your nearest Sylvan today.
New Skills. Greater Success!
From homework and essays to after-school jobs, sports and social lives, pre-teens and teenagers have plenty on their plates — and with university on the horizon, this list isn’t getting any smaller. This is where our study skills program comes into play: by developing important strategic planning, problem solving and life management competencies, your son or daughter will be well prepared to take on his or her workloads confidently and effectively.
Get the Right Skills for the Right Results
The tutoring experts at Sylvan are ready to help your teen or pre-teen thrive. That’s why our study skills program considers the bigger picture, equipping students with critical skills that they can take with them to university and their first full-time job. Not only do we help make sure your son or daughter is ready for the heavy workloads and expectations ahead, but we also reinforce positive behaviors and attitudes, boosting your teen’s confidence along the way. Your son or daughter is growing up fast: make sure he or she is ready with study skills from Sylvan.
Your child will develop vital skills including:
- Time management: Learn how to manage time and workloads efficiently.
- Strategic planning: Get strategies for setting and executing short-term and long-term goals.
- Academic planning: Acquire steps for planning and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization: Learn how to set up a well-ordered study area and effectively organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: Gain competencies in tracking grades, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management: Develop skills in active listening and learn to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Higher education preparation: Get to grips with university admissions requirements, including the admission essay.
- Job interview preparation: Learn how to write an effective resume and cover letter, and get practice interviewing for a job.