If you’re searching for a math tutor who can provide the personal attention and motivation your child needs to master math, you’ve come to the right place. No matter what your child’s math needs are, Sylvan offers three math programs to make a big academic impact and fit your schedule: personal math tutoring, Math Edge and math homework help. Our programs are aligned with university and career readiness standards, so you can feel confident knowing the abilities your child develops at Sylvan will give him or her an advantage in the classroom and beyond. No matter if your child needs to get up to speed in algebra, better grasp geometry concepts or understand a specific homework assignment, the friendly tutors at your local Sylvan are ready to help.
Sylvan Has a Math Solution for Your Family
At Sylvan, we aim to make math more engaging and enjoyable — and to nurture a lifelong passion for learning. You’ll love seeing your child build math confidence, learn to think independently and master critical math skills.
Select one of our flexible math programs:
Personal Tutoring (Grades 1-12)
Whether we’re turning Bs into As or frustration into confidence, your child benefits from:
- A proven learning approach. Our math tutors use a four-step approach — Sylvan Insight™ — to personalize learning to your child.
- An interactive learning experience. Using the iPad® as a teaching tool, learning becomes more enjoyable for your child. Plus, it allows us to adapt math lessons to your child’s skills and pace.
- Instant feedback. We inspire your child with on-the-spot feedback and motivation.
Skill Practice Programs (Grades 1-6)
Our skill practice programs are fun and affordable. (High fives for that!) Whether you want your child to catch up to grade level or jump ahead in math, you can expect:
- A fun, kid-friendly format. (No mind-numbing drills!) Your child will enjoy diverse activities, a motivational rewards system and the camaraderie of a small group.
- Challenging math content. Our math curriculum aligns with university and career readiness standards and uses a five-step process to help your child achieve math fluency, proficiency and accuracy.
- Engaging, brain-boosting activities. We focus on developing problem-solving skills to help your child think about math in new ways and to make concepts stick.
Homework Help (Grades 1-12)
Let us take the stress out of homework time! With Sylvan’s homework help, you can expect:
- Just-as-needed tutoring help. Our math tutors can guide your child through tough homework assignments and/or test preparation simply when needed.
- Highly flexible scheduling. We offer homework help at convenient times, including evenings and weekends.
- Relief from frustration. You don’t have to be the expert at all things math. Our tutors are here to turn your child’s frustration into high fives and make learning a lot more rewarding.
Start Now with Sylvan
The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment highlights your child's unique educational strengths and skill gaps, allowing our expert tutors to focus on the right areas. Fill out our form or give us a call and we can talk about your needs and how we can meet them.