As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Warman, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Warman up for future success.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Warman? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!