As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Warman, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. That's how our experts tee up Warman students for real success at school — and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Warman? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.