As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in Warman is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our study skills experts are helping Warman students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Personalized Approach
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Warman, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.