Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Warman, your child will develop better time management and test preparation skills, successfully preparing for the challenges that lie ahead. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Warman? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our program covers the following:
- How to set short-term and long-term goals strategically, and effectively manage time and workloads.
- How to organize schoolwork and create an effective personal study area.
- How to set personal and teacher expectations, and use an academic planner.
- How to navigate university admissions requirements, including the admission essay.
- How to write a resume and cover letter, and prepare for a job interview.