Want to encourage your child to start developing strong study habits as soon as possible? The goal of our Study Skills programs in Saskatoon is to provide your son or daughter with the tools that will help them tackle growing workloads starting in elementary school all the way to university and beyond. Whether your child is starting to fall behind or wants to develop the skills to get ahead, our study tips and techniques can make all the difference.
Study Smart from Day One
From instruction to lots of independent practice and chances to put new skills to work, we can turn good study habits into a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
There's no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" way to instill positive academic behavior and instill life-long study skills — after all, every child has unique needs. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program can make a difference. Here are the skill sets you can expect to be covered:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits, goal setting and time management to strong communication, digital literacy, and research and writing skills, our expert tutors will teach your teen skills that will stay with him or her well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.