Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With our study skills program in Saskatoon, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even university applications. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That's how our experts tee up Saskatoon students for real success at school — and beyond.
A Customized, Personal Approach
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Saskatoon and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our program covers the following:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.