As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Saskatoon and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That's how we help Saskatoon pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
A Personalized Approach
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Saskatoon? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.