Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Saskatoon, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That's how we make sure children and teens in Saskatoon and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Saskatoon? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.