As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Regina, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future university applications. It's a great way to learn how to take on even the longest "to do" list. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Regina up for future success.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Regina? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.