The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. With our study skills program in Prince Albert, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling university application. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
Getting into the Right Habits
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Prince Albert, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program covers the following:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.