As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in Prince Albert is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our experts tee up Prince Albert students for real success at school — and beyond.
Our Personal Learning Experience
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Prince Albert? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.