As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Melfort, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That's how our experts tee up Melfort students for real success at school — and beyond.
Our Personal Learning Experience
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Melfort? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.