As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Humboldt, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Humboldt and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.