Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Humboldt make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. That’s how our experts prepare students in Humboldt for success an all facets of their lives.
Our Personal Learning Experience
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
See the Difference We Can Make
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Humboldt, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our study skills program offers:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.