With an expert reading tutor in Warman on your side, your child’s reading abilities will grow, leading to better results and more confidence in the classroom and beyond. Whether you're worried your young reader is falling behind, needs focused extra practice to stay on track or support to really get ahead, we know how to bring out the joy of reading and help children fulfill their potential.
Learning That's Personalized
Sylvan offers varying approaches to reading tutoring to make sure your child is learning in the best way for his or her needs. We'll first pinpoint your child’s current level and then recommend the option that will lead to the greatest improvement in scores.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is designed for kids who are having a hard time getting their reading skills up to grade level. Here's what makes our Personalized Tutoring different:
- In-depth assessments. We know how to pinpoint exactly what your child needs to boost his or her reading fluency and comprehension.
- A truly personalized experience. Our certified reading tutors create a personalized learning plan, and then continually adjust and update the plan to make sure reading is a challenge rather than a source of stress.
- Affordable rates. Our competitive hourly rates compare with those at other tutoring companies and private tutors.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child is doing okay with reading-related schoolwork but could do with some extra support to realize his or her potential, this could be the right program for you. This is what you can expect with Academic Coaching:
- Hands-on tutoring that focuses on strengthening and sharpening reading comprehension skills to stay on top of homework and boost results in the classroom.
- In-depth learning sessions that include homework help, skill practice and test prep tips, all wit the goal of meeting your child's specific needs.
- A modern curriculum that aligns with local schools for greater performance in class.
- Affordable monthly packages that meet your child's needs — and your family's budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track but could benefit from guidance navigating a heavy course load, Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course can help your teen successfully prepare for and excel at accelerated homework and university-level classes. Here are the benefits this program provides:
- Higher confidence (and lower stress) when tackling large workloads.
- Time management skills to help manage homework tasks and get ready for tests with a lot of reading, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Even better scores on classwork and university entrance exams, as well as ideal preparation for challenging university workloads and elevated expectations.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Start Now and Enjoy Our Limited-Time Offer!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. When you book an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we will compare your child's academic skills to nationwide norms — and use our findings to pinpoint areas for improvement. Don’t miss out: start today for only $95*!