When it comes to reading ability, the right reading tutor in Saskatoon can make all the difference to your child's confidence and achievements in school — and beyond. No matter if your son or daughter is falling behind, needs extra practice or wants to get ahead, our certified tutors know how to provide the focused guidance and support he or she needs to thrive.
We Personalize Our Tutoring Programs
In order to ensure your child is learning in a way that best meets his or her needs, Sylvan provides a range of approaches to reading tutoring. Once we pinpoint your child’s current level, we can identify the most appropriate path to take to ensure he or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is a great fit if your child is struggling with reading scores and needs help getting skills up to grade level. With our Personalized Tutoring, you can expect:
- More success in class and at homework time. Your child will progress, guaranteed!
- Focused guidance and support. The outcome of our detailed reading assessment helps us determine what your child needs to advance his or her reading fluency, comprehension and competence.
- Greater confidence and bigger smiles! Our certified reading tutors are experts at making reading challenging and fun (and never frustrating!).
- Affordable prices. We offer competitive hourly rates that are comparable to other tutoring companies and private tutors, so you can get the quality reading help your child deserves.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is ideal for kids who need a little extra guidance with reading tests and homework assignments in order to stay on track in school. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to make important improvements in reading comprehension.
- Learning sessions that focus on skill practice, homework help and test prep tips, with each topic tailored to suit your child's unique needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum to ensure relevance to classroom tests and activities.
- Budget-friendly monthly packages to make reading tutoring more affordable.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is either on the fast track or needs some extra guidance to manage bigger workloads, you can give your teen the support he or she needs to adapt to accelerated coursework and excel at university-level classes with our Advanced Reading Skills course. Here’s what this program offers:
- More confidence (and less stress) for tackling big workloads
- Efficiency at completing reading assignments in advanced courses
- Better time management for completing homework and studying for tests that have a significant reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Higher scores on homework, tests, and on university entrance exams
- Preparation for university workloads and high expectations
- Competitive hourly rates
Don't Miss Out on Our Academic Checkup
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With a detailed Academic Checkup, we can understand how your child is doing in relation to national norms — and use our findings to identify specific skills for improvement. Get one now at your local Sylvan!