It's never too early to develop strong study habits! With our Study Skills programs in the Saskatoon region, your son or daughter has the opportunity to develop skills that will serve them well throughout their education. That includes workload management skills to help cope with the challenging progression from elementary school to university and beyond. No matter if your child is starting to fall behind in school or eager to get ahead, our proven programs deliver real results.
Get Smart About Studying
We provide a mix of instruction and independent practice to ensure great study skills become ingrained habits. After all, kids and teens face growing demands and expectations that don't stop at school — they're still there after graduation!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Each child is different. This is why we never take a one-size-fits-all approach to learning, especially when certain behaviors and attitudes can have a big impact on every subject. Rest assured, our Personalized Tutoring program takes into account your child’s unique needs. The skill sets we focus on include:
- Strategies for active reading: Strengthened comprehension skills can make a big difference across all subject areas.
- Boosted writing skills: We can help your child become a more effective communicator.
- Techniques for note-taking: Get equipped with smart strategies for ensuring more productive study time, including flash cards, color-coding and more.
- Better time management skills: When it comes to heavy workloads, it can be difficult knowing where to start. That’s why we’re here to help your child organize and prioritize for optimal results.
- Honing research skills: Focusing on a particular subject, we can explore the best ways to assess sources and put together bibliographies.
- Internet safety: We can help children understand how to use the internet in a safe and responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From setting goals to developing more effective studying and research habits, we empower teens to hone skills they can carry with them well into their adult years. We provide the motivation and inspiration your child needs to go after goals and reach his or her full potential. Through our Advancement & Test Prep program, your teen will:
- Focus on the right topics: This is a modular program, which means you can decide which areas to pay particular attention to, ensuring we focus on your son or daughter’s specific needs.
- Develop lifelong skills: Our students get hands-on with applying their newly developed strategies in order to strengthen concepts and help turn smart habits into lifelong skills.
- Build up confidence: By fostering positive behaviors, we help boost your teen’s confidence and help him or her successfully prepare to achieve big goals.
- Preparation for tackling adult responsibilities: The skills your son or daughter builds at Sylvan aren’t just valuable in university. Your teen will also develop advanced strategies in goal setting, job interview prep, public speaking and more.