Finding a reading tutor in the Saskatoon region you can rely on can make a big difference when it comes to helping your child improve his or her reading skills, build confidence and getting real results inside and outside the classroom. If you’re starting to notice your child is falling behind, could use a little extra practice or wants to get ahead, our tutors can provide guidance that is personalized for success.
Sylvan offers a number of approaches to reading tutoring to ensure your child is getting the attention he or she needs to progress. After we determine your child’s current reading level, we’ll be able to recommend the program that will make sure he or she is getting results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is a great fit if your child is struggling to keep up with reading level expectations and needs support catching up and building confidence. Our intensive reading tutoring is meant to guide your son or daughter towards building and mastering the required grade-level skills. You can expect the following from our Personalized Tutoring:
- Success in class and beyond. Class and homework time will be a breeze.
- More personalized support. We use the results of a reading assessment to determine the approach your child needs to improve fluency and comprehension.
- More confidence and guidance. Our expert reading tutors will constantly tweak your child’s personalized learning plan to keep it challenging—not frustrating!
- The skills to achieve success. With our school-aligned curriculum, your child will be learning things that apply directly to the classroom.
- Affordable rates. With our rates, you’ll feel confident you’re getting the best reading help for your family.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a good fit for kids who would benefit from extra practice to conquer the reading component of assignments and tests. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Dedicated tutoring that aims to sharpen reading comprehension skills and that will make sure your child is completing homework and keeping up in class.
- Learning sessions that focus on skill practice, homework help and test prep, all designed to meet your child’s needs.
- A locally aligned curriculum that is relevant to what your child is learning in class.
- Hands-on activities that improve reading skills and your child’s understanding of all kids of material.
- Affordable prices that fit your budget thanks to our convenient monthly packages.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
This program is ideal if your child is on the fast track and/or could use guidance managing a heavy workload, tackling an assignment with a large reading component or studying for a big test. Ensure your teen is able to keep up with increasingly difficult coursework and ace university-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. You can look forward to the following with our program:
- Added confidence for tackling heavy workloads.
- Well developed reading skills to finish advanced class assignments.
- The time management skills required to juggle homework and studying for tests like the SAT and ACT.
- Improved marks on assignments, quizzes and university entrance exams.
- Readiness to meet university workload expectations.
- Affordable hourly prices.
Take Advantage of Our Special Offer!
Get started for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a wonderful way to both pinpoint your child's strengths and identify skill areas that need improvement. Give us a call or fill out or form to get in touch so we can discuss your requirements and how we can help.