The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Charlottetown and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how we help Charlottetown pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Charlottetown? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!