Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With our study skills program in Charlottetown, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even university applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. That's how we make sure children and teens in Charlottetown and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
A Customized, Personal Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Charlottetown? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program at a glance:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!
Start Now and Save