Make sure your son or daughter is ready for growing school workloads and the future challenges of university with Sylvan’s study skills program in Prince Edward Island. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. There's no doubt about it: your child's confidence will soar as he or she learns lifelong tools and techniques that can be applied in the classroom and beyond! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in Prince Edward Island today to get started.
A Smart Approach to a Brighter Future
There’s no doubt that many students have a lot of responsibilities to juggle, whether it's a homework assignment, advanced classes, a part-time job or simply maintaining a healthy social life. Add the extra challenge of university applications and it's even trickier to stay on top of everything. That's why our study skills program focuses on strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing workloads and schedules, empowering students to take on any project — and organize their time — much more effectively.▼
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
A solid foundation leads to success. So our study skills program in Prince Edward Island is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in university and professional settings later on. At Sylvan, we see the bigger picture, which is why we’re dedicated to instilling life-long knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically, both inside and outside the classroom. Help your child take on any challenge with confidence: find out how we can enhance his or her skillset.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important university admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.