Sylvan’s study skills program in Prince Edward Island can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of university. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in Prince Edward Island today to get started.
A Successful Future Starts Now
There’s no doubt that many students have a lot of responsibilities to juggle, whether it's a homework assignment, advanced classes, a part-time job or simply maintaining a healthy social life. Add the extra challenge of university applications and it's even trickier to stay on top of everything. That's why our study skills program focuses on strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing workloads and schedules, empowering students to take on any project — and organize their time — much more effectively.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. With our study skills program in Prince Edward Island, students can develop important skills and strategies that are relevant in the classroom immediately, and can also be applied in university and career settings later on. In other words, we always consider the bigger picture, and our goal is to impart lifelong knowledge that can go a long way to ensuring your son or daughter's personal and academic success. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Your Child in Grade 4-12 Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more efficiently.
- Strategies for setting short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques for planning and tracking long term projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- Planning and performance management skills, including how to use an academic calendar, track grades and set personal expectations.
- Tactics for expectation management, including developing skills in active listening and identifying teacher expectations.
- How to navigate university admissions requirements, including the all-important university admission essay.
- Job interview preparation tips and tricks, including learning how to write an impactful resume and cover letter, and how to ace a job interview.