Sylvan’s study skills program in Prince Edward Island can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of university. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! It's time to equip your child for success: get started today by contacting your local Sylvan in Prince Edward Island.
A Smart Approach to a Brighter Future
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once university applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Success begins with a strong foundation. That’s why our study skills program in Prince Edward Island emphasizes skills and strategies that students can use at school right away — and, eventually, continue using them to succeed at university and in professional settings. In other words, we always consider the bigger picture, and our goal is to impart lifelong knowledge that can go a long way to ensuring your son or daughter's personal and academic success. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning university application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.