As school workloads grow and the challenges of university get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in Prince Edward Island. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. You'll see confidence levels soar as your child picks up life-long tools that he or she can put to good use in the classroom and beyond! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in Prince Edward Island to get started or to find out more.
A Successful Future Starts Now
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when university applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.
The Tools to Succeed from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success starts with a solid foundation. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Prince Edward Island to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at university and, eventually, in a career setting. At Sylvan, we see the bigger picture, which is why we’re dedicated to instilling life-long knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically, both inside and outside the classroom. Help your child take on any challenge with confidence: find out how we can enhance his or her skillset.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important university admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.