As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Woodbridge, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That’s how our experts prepare students in Woodbridge for success an all facets of their lives.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
Tutors That Make a Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Woodbridge? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program offers:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.