As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Woodbridge, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our experts tee up Woodbridge students for real success at school — and beyond.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Woodbridge? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.