Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With our study skills program in Windsor, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling university application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts help prepare students in Windsor for success in the classroom and beyond.
A Customized, Personal Approach
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Windsor, what can you expect next? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!