As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Whitby, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
Tailored to be More Personal
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Whitby? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our program at a glance:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.