The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. With our study skills program in Whitby, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even university applications. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our experts tee up Whitby students for real success at school — and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Whitby? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.