As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Whitby, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our study skills experts are helping Whitby students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Whitby, what can you expect next? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.