As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. Sylvan's study skills program in Vaughan is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That's how our experts tee up Vaughan students for real success at school — and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Vaughan? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful university application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.