As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Vaughan and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for tests effectively and even start laying the groundwork for conquering future challenges ahead. It's a great way to learn how to take on even the longest "to do" list.
A Customized, Personal Approach
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Vaughan, what can you expect next? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our study skills program includes:
- How to set short-term and long-term goals strategically, and effectively manage time and workloads.
- How to organize schoolwork and create an effective personal study area.
- How to set personal and teacher expectations, and use an academic planner.
- How to navigate university admissions requirements, including the admission essay.
- How to write a resume and cover letter, and prepare for a job interview.