The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Toronto, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Toronto, what can you expect next? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the university admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.