Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With our study skills program in Thornhill, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling university application. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. That’s how our experts prepare students in Thornhill for success an all facets of their lives.
A Personalized Approach
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Thornhill and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.