As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Sylvan's study skills program in Thornhill is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts help prepare students in Thornhill for success in the classroom and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
Getting into the Right Habits
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Thornhill and you can expect nothing but positive changes. You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.