As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Simcoe, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how we make sure children and teens in Simcoe and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
Tailored to be More Personal
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Simcoe? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.