As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Sylvan's study skills program in Simcoe is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how we make sure children and teens in Simcoe and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Simcoe? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.