As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Sylvan's study skills program in Sarnia is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our study skills experts are helping Sarnia students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
Our Personal Learning Experience
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Sarnia? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.