The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Richmond Hill, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That’s how our experts prepare students in Richmond Hill for success an all facets of their lives.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
Tutors That Make a Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Richmond Hill and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!