As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in Richmond Hill is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for tests and successfully prepare for challenges to come. It's a great way to learn how to take on even the longest "to do" list.
Our Personal Learning Experience
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Richmond Hill? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program offers:
- How to set short-term and long-term goals strategically, and effectively manage time and workloads.
- How to organize schoolwork and create an effective personal study area.
- How to set personal and teacher expectations, and use an academic planner.
- How to navigate university admissions requirements, including the admission essay.
- How to write a resume and cover letter, and prepare for a job interview.