As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. With our study skills program in Pickering, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even university applications. It's a great way to learn how to take on even the longest "to do" list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Pickering up for future success.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
Tutors You Can Count On
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Pickering, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.