As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Ottawa, your child will develop better time management and test preparation skills, successfully preparing for the challenges that lie ahead. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Ottawa, what can you expect next? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our program at a glance:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful university application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.