As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Ottawa make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. That’s how our experts help prepare students in Ottawa for success in the classroom and beyond.
A Personalized Approach
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Ottawa? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.