As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Ottawa, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. That's how our study skills experts are helping Ottawa students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Ottawa, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.